Rabbit is one of the healthiest, leanest, and most environmentally friendly meats you can eat. Compared to beef, pork, lamb, turkey, veal, and chicken, rabbit has the highest percentage of protein, the lowest percentage of fat, and the fewest calories per pound.
Note: 1.3kg serves approximately 3 portions.
Dry White Wine
– Cut rabbit in medium sized pieces, (not too big so they can marinade well) Chop some garlic.
– In a large bowl place the rabbit and cover with white wine – local!.
– Mix in the garlic, Thyme, and add some salt and pepper.
– Cover and leave in the fridge overnight or for approx. 6 hrs
– In a large shallow frying pan heat some sunflower oil.
– Add some garlic to the oil and fry for a few minutes on moderate heat (do not fry till golden brown)
– Take the rabbit pieces and fry in large frying pan, turning occasionally, till rabbit cooks well.
– You may add salt, pepper and thyme
– Sprinkle some white wine occasionally